Watch rescue Video: Nigerian man survives 3 days trapped at bottom of Atlantic


Watch rescue Video: Nigerian man survives 3 days trapped at bottom of Atlantic

Remember some months ago we told you about A Nigerian man who was rescued after being trapped at the bottom of the Atlantic for 72 hours (3 days).

Watch rescue Video. Nigerian man survives 3 days trapped at bottom of Atlantic. news by Eyes and Voice

Read the full story here…

The Nigerian man, Harrison Odjegba Okene was trapped at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean in an tugboat for three days, and it is reported he begged God for a miracle. Eyes and Voice learned.

The Amazing rescue video of the incident has surfaced online and it has gone viral. We here at Eyes and Voice decided to bring you the video.

EyesandVoice learned that the rescue video has been posted online for about 6 months now – since the rescue took place but it has only gone viral just this week.

Watch the amazing rescue video below:

The Nigerian cook survived by breathing a decreasing supply of oxygen in an air pocket. It is reported that, as the temperature dropped to freezing, Mr Okene, who was dressed only in boxer shorts, recited the last psalm his wife had sent by text message, sometimes called the Prayer for Deliverance: “Oh God, by your name, save me. … The Lord sustains my life.”

Eyes and Voice learned that, Okene to this day, believes that his rescue after 72 hours underwater at a depth of 30 metres is a sign of God’s divine deliverance. The other 11 seamen aboard the Jascon 4 died.

According to Tony Walker, project manager for the Dutch company DCN Diving:

“He was incredibly lucky he was in an air pocket but he would have had a limited time (before) … he wouldn’t be able to breathe anymore.”

Okene couldn’t have lasted much longer, Mr Walker added.

Accrding to CTV News:

“Okene’s ordeal began around 4:30 a.m. on May 26. Always an early riser, he was in the toilet when the tug, one of three towing an oil tanker in Nigeria’s oil-rich Delta waters, gave a sudden lurch and then keeled over.

“I was dazed and everywhere was dark as I was thrown from one end of the small cubicle to another,” Okene said in an exclusive interview after his rescue with Nigeria’s Nation newspaper.

He groped his way out of the toilet and tried to find a vent, propping doors open as he moved on. He discovered some tools and a life vest with two flashlights, which he stuffed into his shorts.

When he found a cabin of the sunken vessel that felt safe, he began the long wait, getting colder and colder as he played back a mental tape of his life — remembering his mother, friends, mostly the woman he’d married five years before with whom he hadn’t yet fathered a child.

He worried about his colleagues — 10 Nigerians and the Ukrainian captain including four young cadets from Nigeria’s Maritime Academy. They would have locked themselves into their cabins, standard procedure in an area stalked by pirates.

He got really worried when he heard the sound of fish, shark or barracudas he supposed, eating and fighting over something big.

As the waters rose, he made a rack on top of a platform and piled two mattresses on top.

According to his interview with the Nation: “I started calling on the name of God. … I started reminiscing on the verses I read before I slept. I read the Bible from Psalm 54 to 92. My wife had sent me the verses to read that night when she called me before I went to bed.”

He survived off just one bottle of Coke, all he had to sustain him during the trauma.

Okene really thought he was going to die, he told the Nation, when he heard the sound of a boat engine and anchor dropping, but failed to get the attention of rescuers. He figured, given the size of the boat, that it would take a miracle for a diver to locate him. So he waded across the cabin, stripped the wall down to its steel body, then knocked on it with a hammer.

But “I heard them moving away. They were far away from where I was.”

By the time he was saved, relatives already had been told the sailors were dead.

Okene kept faith with the psalm he recited, that promises to “give thanks in your name, Lord,” at a service at his Redeemed Christian Church of God.

He was rescued by a diver who first used hot water to warm him up, then attached him to an oxygen mask. Once free of the sunken boat, he was put into a decompression chamber and then safely returned to the surface.”

At first a short version of the rescue video was released but the authenticity was questioned. But with the request of The Associated Press the full video was released by DCN Diving. With the conversation of the DCN employees in Netherlands and also when The Associated Press contacted Okene the event on the video was confirmed to be true.

Read the full story here…

Follow Us: @EyesandVoice

Leave your comments on the comment box below

Hey! Don't be tight, Share this Post...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someoneShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponShare on Reddit