Kanu believes Nigeria Super Eagles can finish top in their World Cup group.
Former Nigerian Super Eagles and Arsenal legend, Kanu Nwankwor has insisted his Nigeria side are capable of winning their World Cup group by beating Bosnia and Argentina, even as they drew their first game against Iran.
Last week Sunday, the Nigerian Super Eagles started their 2014 world cup slow with a goalless draw against lower FIFA ranked Iran team.
Speaking to Nigeria Info FM, Kanu said: “We can beat any team. We can beat Bosnia and we can also beat Argentina. But to achieve this, we must work hard.
“It’s too early to write off Nigeria’s chances. It’s just our first game and we have to now move forward.
“We have to learn from it, draw from the positives and move on.”
Super Eagles will play their last group match against Argentina on June 25 and Mikel will once again face Messi and Di María as he did years a go at the junior world cup.
Stephen Keshi’s squad will face Bosnia & Herzegovina today, June 21 at 11pm (UK time).
What do you think? Tell us in the comment box below
- Okocha: Stephen Keshi is to blame for Nigeria poor World Cup performance
- Leonardo DiCaprio called White House to get him to Brazil for World Cup
- World Cup Fever – Kelly Rowland, Shakira, JLO, Pitbull and more Brazil 2014 songs
- Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup group draws and Match fixtures [time, venue and date]
- ’12 Years A Slave’ was the biggest loser at the 2014 Bafta Awards (see full winners list)